Caribbean American Association of Lake County – SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Application Deadline: March 15th, 2024
- The Caribbean-American Association of Lake County (CAALC) is pleased to announce its $1,000 scholarship, which may be used at any accredited vocational-technical school, community college, four-year college, or university.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be seniors at LMHS, ERHS, SLHS, LHS, or THS who will graduate in the year in which the scholarship is being awarded. Virtual/Hybrid students linked with these schools are eligible. The following three private schools are also eligible: Liberty Christian Prep in Leesburg, real Life Academy in Clermont, and Hope Academy in Groveland.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- All applicants must be of Caribbean heritage and need to specify their connection to the Caribbean.
- The scholarship is awarded based on academic record, involvement in community or extra-curricular activities, and good character.
- The scholarship funds will be forwarded directly to the institution of learning selected by the recipient.
- Applicants must submit a complete application packet, which must include:
- A fully completed application form.
- A statement/essay detailing the applicant’s education and career plans and explaining how the scholarship will help in achieving stated goals.
- 2 references (teacher, guidance counselor, coach, pastor, or employer/supervisor)
- The winner/s must agree to submit a head/shoulder picture that will be uploaded onto our website.