Caribbean American Association of Lake County – SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Application Deadline: March 15th, 2022
The Caribbean-American Association of Lake County (CAALC) is pleased to announce its $1,000 scholarship, which may be used at any accredited vocational-technical school, community college, four-year college, or university.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be seniors at LMHS, ERHS, SLHS, LHS, or THS who will graduate in the year in which the scholarship is being awarded.
All applicants must be of Caribbean heritage and need to specify their connection to the Caribbean.
The scholarship is awarded based on demonstrated financial need, proof of good character, an impressive academic record, and high probability of academic success.
The scholarship funds will be forwarded directly to the institution of learning selected by the recipient. Deferrals will be offered once for a 6-month period.
Applicants must submit a complete application packet, which must include:
- A fully completed application form.
- Recommendations from a teacher at the high school and an adult from outside the school system. Recommendations from family members will NOT be accepted.
- A résumé and a recent headshot.
- A statement/essay detailing the applicant’s education and career plans and explaining how the scholarship will help in achieving stated goals.
- Documented proof of involvement in extracurricular activities, including–but not limited to–school, civic, church, and work experiences.
NOTE: Please submit a complete application packet with all seven application items before April 15. Incomplete or late applications will NOT be considered.
SCHOLARSHIP FORMS (Submit Online)
- Complete and submit the attached applicant information form.
- Submit a recent headshot of yourself.
- Submit a completed nomination form, filled out by a teacher or a guidance counselor.
- Submit the form describing extracurricular activities, honors, and volunteer/community service.
- Submit a copy of your education/work résumé.
- Submit a completed recommendation form, filled out by someone from outside the school system who can attest to your potential for success and to your character.
- Complete a statement/essay that describes:
- your personal and family background;
- your education and career goals; and
- your views on how this scholarship will help you to achieve your education and career goals.