Caribbean American Association of Lake County – SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Caribbean American Association of Lake County (CAALC) is pleased to announce its two-year scholarship, worth up to $2,000, which may be used at any accredited technical college, community college, or four-year college or university.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be seniors at LMHS, ERHS, SLHS, LHS, or THS who will graduate in the year in which the scholarship is being awarded.
The first installment of the scholarship will be disbursed to the institution of your choice at the start of your program of study. Any additional, second-year disbursement will be contingent upon maintaining good academic standing at the institution.
All applicants must be of Caribbean heritage and need to specify their connection to the Caribbean.
The scholarship is awarded based on demonstrated financial need, proof of excellence of character, proven leadership ability, an impressive academic record, documented involvement in extracurricular activities, and high probability of success in his/her chosen field.
- Complete the attached applicant information form.
- Submit a completed nomination form, filled out by a teacher or a guidance counselor.
- Submit the form describing extracurricular activities, honors, and volunteer/community service.
- Submit a copy of your education/work résumé.
- Submit a short bio, along with a current head photo.
- Complete a statement/essay that describes:
- your personal and family background,
- your education and career goals, and
- how this scholarship will help you to achieve your education and career goals.
- Submit the recommendation form, filled out by someone from outside the school system who can attest to your potential for success and to your character.
Please hand in the complete application packet with all seven application items to the office of the Principal/Guidance Counselor before April 15. Incomplete or late applications will NOT be considered.
- The Caribbean-American Association of Lake County (CAALC) is pleased to announce its two-year scholarship, worth up to $2,000, which may be used at any accredited vocational/technical school, community college, four-year college, or university.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be seniors at LMHS, ERHS, SLHS, LHS, and THS who will graduate in the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- All applicants must be of Caribbean heritage and will need to specify their connection to the Caribbean.
- The scholarship is awarded based on demonstrated financial need, proof of good character, an impressive academic record, and high probability of academic success.
- The scholarship funds will be forwarded directly to the institution of learning selected by the recipient. Deferrals will be offered once, for a 6-month period.
Applicants must submit a complete application packet, which must include:
- A fully completed application form.
- Recommendations from a teacher at the high school and an adult from outside the school system. Recommendations from family members will NOT be accepted.
- A résumé.
- A short bio, along with a current head shot.
- A statement/essay detailing the applicant’s education and career plans and explaining how the scholarship will help in achieving stated goals.
Documented proof of involvement in extracurricular activities, including–but not limited to–school, civic, church, and work experiences.